Friday, October 8, 2010

Update

In Canada, this is Thanksgiving weekend. I will be flying to NYC to spend a few days with our daughter who is on a one-year assignment there. I am bringing a small painting to work on...but , I'm not sure how much I will get done. However, admiring Kathy Wirth gorgeous posterized portraits of her grandchildren, reminded me that about three years ago I had done my first ( and only) posterized portrait: it is of my daughter ( she is much better looking IRL) and was done in poured monochrome watercolors. It would be fun to try this again.
I am slowly working down my blog roll to feature my great blogging friends and fellow artists on the Artalee site. Today, I invite you to have a look at the beautiful whimsical world of Ross Lynem: I think that one of his paintings would cheer me up any day!

8 comments:

  1. Christiane, than you so much for putting my blog on the Artalee site. I was so surprised to open my blog and see that. And such good timing too! Thursday night i was involved in a group show in Edmonton and the turn out was rather small. The gallery folks did a fabulous job of putting it together complete with band, popcorn, treats, and wine. There was also a hockey game on so maybe everyone was there! smile! Your portrait is cool. I would like to try that sometime..
    Have a great weekend and thanks again Christiane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't thank me, Ross. It was a pleasure taking time to go over all of your beautiful paintings and selecting my favorites for ARTALEE. I hope it brings you a lot of traffic on your delightful blog.
    As for your show, maybe on a weeknight people are too busy to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good few days with your daughter Christiane - and like the monochrome pour portrait of her. Wonderful and brave palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Christiane. Enjoy the time with your daughter and in New York.

    I think the pour here is wonderful, each pour is so unique isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the portrait, Christiane. She is a beautiful young woman and I know she loves this portrait. Have a fun trip, and Happy ThanksGiving. I forget that yours is earlier than ours here in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time -- I love NYC. Also, this portrait is so special. I can't wait to see more. Neat approach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christiane, this is too cool, I have never tried one of these but the results are very interesting, nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Joan, Jeanette, Mollie, Mary and Krista for stopping by and leaving nice and interesting comments: I always appreciate them so much!

    ReplyDelete