Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bronze Orchids - WIP part 2


I have done some more work on my bronze orchids. I decided that I did not want to spend hours putting in the small blades of grass and little leaves under the orchid on the left-hand side; consequently, I have started to simply fill this area with dark green as part of the background. This section is not yet smooth and will need a few more layers.  I was impatient to add the red on the orchid in that same corner...I like that part. In other areas, I got carried away and added some purple, some turquoise her and there even if these colors were not totally logical there:-).

We had a small earthquake today in Ottawa. I am sure that a lot of people immediately thought of Japan and got very scared. 

Have a nice evening everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this as a WIP, Christiane. It is coming along beautifully. Like the flow of the composition and your palette.

    ReplyDelete