Sunday, November 13, 2011

New WIP and update

I have started a new painting. It's 12|" X 16" on CP Fabriano Artistico, my new favorite watercolor paper. The painting represents a metal knocker on an old Venetian door with the paint flaking off...
The knocker has the face of a lion, one of the main symbols of Venice. I was attracted to this picture by Ruth Archer ( used with permission) because of the great textures of the door; I have my own reference of what I think is the same door, but in my photo, the knocker is not shown entirely. My husband thinks that the lion looks rather diabolical:-) It is still too early to tell, but I hope that he is wrong...My artistic objective is not to scare anyone:-) I hope that you like it so far.

I have a busy week coming up: appointments, framing, painting, sitting at the Foyer Gallery on Thursday and getting ready for the Nepean Fine Arts League  3-day winter show starting Friday.

Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I envy you, getting to do all those art things this week. Would you like to trade, and you can come teach my class for a week? The painting is going to be great, I can tell! I already love the look of the door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, I would love to be able to teach your class...the students would be quite disappointed, though:-) Thank you for the vote of confidence regarding the door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it so far! Looking forward to seeing more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Deb. I hope to post more progress pictures in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love door knockers and old weathered doors - this is shaping up to be a beauty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat, I love old weathered doors also. They seem to hold so many memories:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. not scared yet, kiddo.. :) its looking good.. have fun this week, with all your art activities!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindi, you don't scare easily, I'm sure:-) Thank you for stopping by. I certainly will not get bored this week:-)

    ReplyDelete