Sunday, February 21, 2016

Small "Happy Giraffe"

The (small) Happy Giraffe - 8" x 8" on 1/8"Ampersand  Aquabord panel. Background in gold leaf and giraffe is in watercolor. The entire painting is sealed and is to be displayed without glass...
Some of you may have seen my large framed "Giraffe" currently at the Kevin Dodds Gallery & Studio. I personally like it so much that I decided to paint a similar one in a small size. Before I get it framed, I am offering this little long-lashed sweetie online..
.Check it out at
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/…/c…/the-happy-giraffe/449974
It is ready to be inserted into a standard frame without glass. The ampersand panel is a most archival surface and I just love working on it.
The gold leaf makes this artwork so special, but it is almost impossible to photograph. When the sun shines on this piece, the gold leaf produces a simply stunning effect. The giraffe herself has such a happy and gentle look that it brings a smile to my face.





No comments:

Post a Comment